Effective estate planning facilitates the orderly transfer of assets to your beneficiaries, provides security for your surviving spouse, and can reduce or eliminate the tax due on the transfer of your business and other assets. For business owners, providing for business continuity and succession of ownership is essential.
How BPMJ&L can assist you:
BPMJ&L can guide you through the complex process of drafting or analyzing your current estate plan. Our significant estate planning experience can help you to:
- Define your estate planning goals
- Evaluate your estate planning options
- Review your estate planning documents including current wills, trusts, health care and power of attorney documents
- Decrease the problems and expenses associated with probate
- Lessen taxes at time of death
- Arrange for management of your assets in the event you are incapacitated
- Draft a working plan for conserving and effectively managing your estate after death
- Transfer the assets of your estate to heirs the way you want
- Organize fair and adequate liquidation of your estate to cover taxes and other expenses
- Amend your plan as needed
Please don’t hesitate to contact BPMJ&L for your estate planning needs. Our attorneys and professional staff looks forward to assisting you.