Medical malpractice claims originate from the failure of a healthcare provider to provide a level of care that meets the accepted standards of practice for their profession, resulting in the injury or death of a patient.
Typical Medical Malpractice
claims revolve around:
- Surgical errors
- Missed or delayed diagnoses
- Improperly prescribed or dispensed medication
- Lack of informed consent
- Anesthesia errors
- Obstetric/labor and delivery errors
- Patient neglect
How BPMJ&L Can Assist You:
BPMJL has decades of experience fighting for the rights of its clients whose lives have been impacted by medical malpractice. We utilize our deep knowledge base of both the legal and medical issues associated with medical malpractice claims to effectively represent you, Don’t be overwhelmed with the complexity of a medical malpractice claim and the time and effort necessary to obtain a successful recovery. BPMJ&L makes it a step by step approach to determine whether you have a good claim and whether it is in your best interest to invest your time and emotions in pursuing the claim. If at any one of these steps along the way we don’t feel it is in your best interest to continue we will let you know and not lead you down an endless path. These steps include:
- Meet with you to get a full history of your medical care and how it has impacted you.
- Obtain your medical records and screen them for indications of medical negligence.
- Perform medical research for standard of care and a full understanding of the medical issues.
- Confer with quality physicians or nurses to obtain expert opinions.
- File your claim with the Indiana Department of Insurance and present your claim to a Medical Review Panel required by the Indiana Medical Malpractice Act.
- Challenge the opposing expert witnesses and expose weaknesses and inconsistencies in their testimony.
- File your case in state court and represent you through a jury trial if the claim cannot be settled.
There is no charge for you to meet with us to discuss whether you may have a good legal claim. Don’t worry about costly legal fees. We only get paid if we obtain a recovery for you.
Due to Indiana’s strict statute of limitations requirement, contact BPJML immediately if you believe you or a family member has been injured as a result of medical malpractice. Our dedicated attorneys and professional staff look forward to assisting you.