A Tribute to Ron James:
We lost a great friend, partner and lawyer September of 2012 when Ron James passed away after courageously battling a long illness.
Ron worked tirelessly for the benefit of our law partnership and his clients. He had a passionate commitment to the law and was an accomplished trial lawyer. He was well known for his ability to research and draft effective legal arguments, particularly in the appellate arena where he was instrumental in changing and advancing the law in a number of cases.
Ron positively impacted the community in so many ways involving environmental, educational and legal issues as the following partial list demonstrates:
- Past President and Board member of the Ft. Wayne Izaak Walton League
- Founding Board Member and Executive Director of the Little River Wetlands Project
- Member and Executive Director of Wabash River Heritage Corridor Commission
- Charter member and 24 year volunteer of the Ft. Wayne Community Schools- Study Connection.
- Honored for his many hours of work with the Allen County Volunteer Lawyers Program.
Ron is survived by his wife Maryann and their two sons Nate and Luke. We all miss him