Holding Negligent Medical Professionals Accountable
Medical malpractice claims originate from the failure of a health care provider to provide a level of care that meets the accepted standards of practice for their profession, resulting in the injury or death of a patient. If you were injured under the care of a doctor, surgeon or other health care professional, BP&M can help. We have decades of experience in malpractice claims. Let us help you hold the negligent party accountable and secure just compensation for what you lost.
Typical Medical Malpractice Claims
Medical malpractice claims occur with alarming frequency. Haste, distraction and lack of experience can have disastrous consequences for the patient. Claims often stem from:
- Surgical errors
- Missed or delayed diagnoses
- Improperly prescribed or dispensed medication
- Lack of informed consent
- Anesthesia errors
- Obstetric/labor and delivery errors
- Patient neglect
Handling The Details While You Focus On Healing
The attorneys at BP&M have decades of experience fighting for the rights of clients whose lives have been impacted by medical malpractice. We utilize our deep knowledge base of both the legal and medical issues associated with medical malpractice claims to effectively represent you, Don’t be overwhelmed with the complexity of a medical malpractice claim, and the time and effort necessary to obtain a successful recovery. BP&M makes it a step-by-step approach to determine whether you have a good claim and whether it is in your best interest to invest your time and emotions in pursuing the claim. If at any one of these steps along the way we don’t feel it is in your best interest to continue, we will let you know and not lead you down an endless path. These steps include:
- Meet with you to get a full history of your medical care and how it has impacted you
- Obtain your medical records and screen them for indications of medical negligence
- Perform medical research for the standard of care and a full understanding of the medical issues
- Confer with quality physicians or nurses to obtain expert opinions
- File your claim with the Indiana Department of Insurance and present your claim to a medical review panel required by Indiana’s Medical Malpractice Act
- Challenge the opposing expert witnesses and expose weaknesses and inconsistencies in their testimony
- File your case in state court and represent you through a jury trial if the claim cannot be settled
There is no charge for you to meet with us to discuss whether you may have a good legal claim. Don’t worry about costly legal fees. We only get paid if we obtain a recovery for you.
Start Your Claim With Our Help
Due to Indiana’s strict statute of limitations requirement, contact BP&M immediately if you believe you or a family member has been injured as a result of medical malpractice. Our dedicated attorneys and professional staff look forward to assisting you with your claim. To schedule a no-cost consultation, call 260-702-9200 or email the firm.